International Macroeconomics Conferences

This post is different from my usual writings. It is intended for those who write and present research papers in international finance.

This past year I have kept a list of all the conferences that are held on an annual basis and emphasize research in international macroeconomics. There are, of course, many conferences where a wide range of papers are presented, but I focused on those with an explicit focus on topics in open-economy macroeconomics. There are also conferences that are organized to present work on a specific international macro topic, but are not held on an annual basis, and I did not include these.

I list the ones I found below with links to this year’s version of the conference, organized by month, followed by the location. As you will see, many of them take place in Europe at the end of May and in June.

I am happy to consider suggestions for other conferences that should be listed. Please make your recommendation as a comment below or write me directly. If the conference meets the criteria I list above, I will be happy to include it in future editions of this list.

May:

International Trade and Finance Association Conference (various locations)

Annual International Conference on Macroeconomic Analysis and International Finance (Greece)

June:

INFINITI Conference on International Finance (Europe)

European Economics and Finance Society Annual Conference (Europe)

Barcelona GSE Summer Forum: International Capital Flows (Barcelona, Spain)

IF Annual Conference in International Finance (Europe)

Conference on International Economics (Spain)

July:

NBER Summer Institute: International Finance (Cambridge, Massachusetts, US)

November:

IMF Annual Research Conference (Washington, DC, U.S.)