Below are this week’s upcoming events and deadlines at the CWS. These listings and more can be found in MyCWS. Make sure you subscribe so that you receive the updates directly to your inbox!
Monday, March 2 -
- Global Engagement Grants Deadline | NOON | MyCWS - Global Engagement Grants provide funding for unpaid internships that students identify and develop on their own. Students apply to up to five organizations of their choice, usually connected by a common theme in their grant application (i.e., health, education), and inform the CWS of their final decision. Many award recipients pursue internships in nonprofit organizations focused on education, microfinance, and/or environmental issues, but funding is also available for opportunities in other sectors. The CWS does not fund unpaid internships at for-profit organizations, and grants may not be used for work on political campaigns or to pay for program fees associated with an internship program.
- Resume Basics Workshop | 12:30-1:30PM | GRH 428 - Come and learn about how to get started on creating or improving your resume. This is one of two Resume Basic workshops for the spring semester. Please RSVP in order to participate. You can bring your laptop or hard copy resume to the event as we will provide hands-on tips, if need, regarding your resume. Space is limited!
Tuesday, March 3 -
- Teach for America Info Session | 5:00-7:00PM | PNE 239 - Teach For America is the national corps of outstanding recent college graduates and professionals – of all majors, backgrounds, and career interests – who commit to leading students to academic success for two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in expanding educational opportunity. This year, 11,000 corps members are teaching in 50 regions across the country, while nearly 37,000 TFA alumni continue working from inside and outside the field of education for the fundamental changes necessary to ensure educational excellence and equity is a reality for all students in our country. Stop by to learn more about Teach For America and hear about people’s experience in the corps. Open to all class years. Refreshments will be served. RSVP on MyCWS.
Wednesday, March 4 -
- Sophomore Workshop | 4:30-5:30PM | GRH 428 - Learn about the CWS resources pertaining to your second year and beyond! This session will cover: Learning about the CWS; How to use MyCWS; Global Engagement for Junior Year; Internship Search; and Travel Grant and Volunteer Opportunities. Please also bring your laptop to the event as we will provide hands-on tips on navigating CWS resources online. RSVP on MyCWS – space is limited.
- DEADLINE: JP Morgan Chase BA Early Advantage Program | 11:59PM | Online - At JPMorgan Chase, we celebrate individuals who bring their unique experiences and different perspectives to the work that we do to serve our diverse customers and clients around the globe. Our BA Early Advantage program is designed to do just that – help you discover your individual potential early on in your career and better prepare you for internship opportunities in the years ahead. Over the course of the two days, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with our senior leaders, colleagues and some of the most talented students from diverse backgrounds across the country. While building your network, you’ll participate in personal branding workshops and leadership training sessions designed to position you for career success. Also, you’ll participate in interactive information sessions, where you will learn about our leading businesses across the firm. These sessions will help you understand how we serve our customers, clients and communities, and where you can have a real impact as you explore your career options. Date: Thursday, April 23, 2015 – Friday, April 24, 2015 The application deadline for this program is March 4th at the end of the day.
Thursday, March 5 -
- First Year Workshop | 12:30-1:30PM | GRH 428 - Learn about the CWS resources pertaining to your first year and beyond! Please RSVP in order to participate. Please also bring your laptop to the event as we will provide hands-on tips on navigating CWS resources online.
- Entrepreneurship Panel: How to Be Your Own Boss, Advice From Job Creators | 5:00-6:30PM | LWC-413 - Come to this event to hear from Wellesley alumnae entrepreneurs Kathryn Carlson 00′ who started Buca Boot, a company that designs weatherproof baskets for bikes, Tina Burgos 94′ Founder & Creative Director: Covet + Lou an ecommerce site, Corianna Snedecor 09′: Founder at WorthWild.com, CL Tian 10′ Owner of PINKOA, a digital marketing company and to learn about how they started their own business. Light refreshments will be served. RSVP on MyCWS.
- City Year Info Session | 5:30-6:30PM | PNE 151 - If you’re wondering if being a tutor, mentor, and a role model would be a good fit for you next year, join us for an info session on Thursday, March 5th at 5:30 PM. Coming to the info session will be a great way to hear more about the work of City Year AmeriCorps members in schools. A City Year alum will be there to talk about her experience and answer questions. City Year is an education-focused nonprofit organization that works to help keep students in school and on track to graduate by uniting teams of diverse, young AmeriCorps members for a year of full-time service in schools. Evidenced-based research has identified the early-warning indicators allowing us to identify the students likely to drop out of school. By focusing on attendance, behavior, and course performance, corps members serve as tutors, mentors and role models who are uniquely able to help students and schools succeed. RSVP on MyCWS.
All jobs and internships can be viewed via MyCWS; use MyCWS Job ID numbers to search.
- Public Affairs Internship, Washington, DC (MyCWS ID 15076)
- Ruby on Rails Intern, Boston, MA (MyCWS ID 15039)
- Analyst Intern, Various Locations (MyCWS ID 15082)
- Assessment Developer, Cambridge, MA (MyCWS ID 15090)
- Summer Intern- Real Estate Investment Trust, Boston, MA (MyCWS ID 15115)
- Spring Special Events Internship, Framingham, MA (MyCWS ID 15005)
- 1Policy Intern, Cambridge, MA (MyCWS ID 15097)
- RBWM Internship – Sales, New York, NY, and Washington, DC (MyCWS ID 15107)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Intern, New York, NY (MyCWS ID 15098)
- Summer Honors Program, Washington, DC (MyCWS ID 13751)
- Research Assistant, Neurology Dept., Boston, MA (MyCWS ID 14978)