Week 3 – Water Sources

I’ve been thinking a lot this week about the natural sources behind the lake at my sit spot. It is really interesting considering how this lake, which began as a small pond and was manmade into a larger attraction. In addition to this, the apartments at my student accommodation neighborhood are considered to be sustainable and environmentally friendly; we have solar powers on the top of every building and a power-saving elevator which prioritizes journeys based on the route which uses the least power. Freiburg uses purifying techniques in our taps to ensure that tap water is clean and safe to drink, and many residents drink tap water instead of bottled to save money. I really enjoy Freiburg’s focus on sustainable living.

One thought on “Week 3 – Water Sources

1. It’s crazy that people can just manipulate water and landscapes to suit their fancy, but also really cool because it sounds like the lake brings people together around nature in Freiburg. It’s cool to hear about renewable resources being used, especially in a university setting. I wonder if the Wellesley dorms will ever get solar panels…