Journal Entry #7 – The Nation and Climate Change

I am not sure of the specific measures that the French government has taken to combat climate change. One policy I’ve heard is that France is aiming to eliminate green house gas emission on French soil by 2050, which is an ambitious goal. Climate education is also part of the primary and secondary school curriculum. I think I’m more confidence in France in reaching its carbon-neutral goal than some other countries because of the everyday environmentally-friendly details that I observe in France. For instance, most supermarkets in France only use bio-degradable plastic bags or paper bags for their groceries, which is something that I have not seen in back in my home country. I’ve also heard that France’s neighboring country Germany has passed a law that all the takeout plastic boxes must be reusable. I’m happy to see governments taking steps to help combat climate change and I hope to see similar policy like this in my home country.

Below is a HUGE bag of groceries that I got from a anti-food waste app for 4 euros 🙂