Final Blog Post

I feel incredibly fortunate to have studied abroad in Paris for a semester. I was able to learn so much about the culture, the people, and the environment in Paris and beyond. In Paris, I developed a new hobby of going to museums, and I thought it would be nice to have my final project centered around a set of paintings that depict natural sceneries. On my second to last day in Paris, I went to Musee Bourdelle with a friend, and we discussed how humans in urban areas have made their life so artificial that they need to “create nature” through paintings or go to parks to enjoy nature. At AUP Green, the local green club, we also talked about how it would be a nice idea to visit a museum that features paintings depicting nature and discuss how nature is considered in an artistic context. So here I would like to share with you a series of artworks I liked from all the museums that I visited.

Lucien Lévy-Dhurmer, Méduse, En 1897, Pastel et fusain sur papier contrecollé sur carton, Musee d’Orsay
Eugene Delacroix, La mer vue des hauteurs de Dieppe, 1854, Musee du Louvre
Claude Monet, Les nuages, Entre 1914 et 1926, Musee de l’Orangerie
Guanzhong Wu, Foret de bambous et des irrigues, 1992, Musee Cernuschi
Berthe Morisot, Roses Tremieres, 1884, Musee Marmottan Monet

Berthe Morisot, Bergère Couchée, 1891, Musee Marmottan Monet