2. October Tranquility: Observing the Changing Ecosystem by a Small Green Pond in Seoul

In October, Seoul, South Korea undergoes a climatic transition from the warmth of summer to the cooler, drier embrace of autumn. With average temperatures ranging from 13°C to 20°C, reduced rainfall of about 60 mm, approximately 6 hours of daily sunshine, and diminishing humidity levels, October marks the arrival of a comfortable and scenic autumn season (which I VERY much need).

This climate profoundly influences the natural features and ecosystem around a small green pond, my claimed sit spot. As the month progresses, the pond’s water levels may recede due to reduced rainfall, surrounding foliage begins to paint the landscape with vibrant hues, and wildlife activity becomes more pronounced. Aquatic plants and algae respond to the changing temperature and sunlight, setting the stage for the small green pond’s seasonal transformation, making it a captivating site to observe and connect with nature.

I’m excited for the new season, and although the heat and humidity destroyed me, I find myself missing the summer sun.