Agent of Change + Paulson Project

What I will carry forward with me from my study abroad is the understanding that being an agent of change requires a solid baseline knowledge of the issue at hand and a commitment to ensuring that change is rooted within the community it affects.

My project is a photo collage of my time in Jordan, focusing on themes of activism and solidarity with Palestine. With 3 million Palestinians residing in Jordan, there is a strong connection to the struggles and injustices faced by those living in Palestine, cultivating a sense of shared identity and solidarity between Palestinians in Jordan and those in Palestine. Many protests are held and funeral prayers (Janazah) are conducted after Friday prayers in mosques across the country for the Palestinians who have died. The other photos in the collage illustrate Jordan’s geographical diversity, with some capturing the  greenery, mountains, and vegetation of the north, while others depict the sand dunes, red sandstone formations of the south. Jordan is one of the most water-scarce countries globally, with an annual water supply significantly below the water scarcity threshold of 500 cubic meters per capita. These photos emphasize the critical importance of water management and conservation strategies and laws that allow for sustainable access of water for present and future generations.