CSOD 12-2-12

CentOS Screen of Death! I left some nice notes around the microfocus. Including one on the white board saying “Please do not reboot ANY of these machines unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Questions/comments/tell us why you want to reboot the machine: CS-SysAdmin@wellesley.edu”

Ssh-ing into jay, lark and robin is successful. They have do not disturb signs on them. Other status reports on minnow, finch, and thrush:

pinging minnow is successful.

ssh-ing into minnow (from robin) is unsuccessful with the ssh keys have changed man-in-the-middle warning.

pinging finch is unsuccessful.

ssh-ing into finch (from wren) is unsuccessful with “ssh: connect to finch port 22: No route to host”

I restarted finch, manually hitting the power button. And it came back with the CSOD. (I haven’t been happy for a SOD before, but now I am…).

pinging finch is now successful.

ssh-ing into finch is now successful. I don’t really know what other diagnostic tests to run on finch, but I’m leaving the “Do Not Disturb” sign.

pinging thrush was unsuccessful. Looking at it, it was turned off, as in the power strip was off. So I turned the power strip on again.

thrush now has the CSOD. but ssh-ing is successful now, so that’s a good thing, I guess.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.