quota_near updates and installs

I updated quota_near.py because I moved the email template from a string within the script to a file separate from this, and it was giving an error of not knowing where that file was (since its pathname was relative). Originally I knew that quota_near wasn’t running correctly when it was running from /etc/cron.daily but I couldn’t figure out exactly why that was, because if I ran it with “at” it would work fine. I also knew from the logs that only one user was being reported as being near quota each day, which I knew was false. Yesterday I tried the simple answer of creating a symlink from the /etc/cron.daily directory to the email template. But that didn’t work for last night. So today I moved the string of email template from a separate file into the python file. Hopefully tonight/tomorrow morning, the emails will go out to quota_near. I tested this with my own account, changing around my quota to make myself receive both emails. But now I know where to look for the error outputs from cron jobs, in the email about cron jobs.

I started Karina and Lulu with updates/installs to CentOS in 173. Of the 7 machines in there, we got through most of the installation on one, and through part 1 on 3 others. One of them, baboon, didn’t have enough free disk space on it, and the partition tools that we sometimes used within the CentOS boot disk didn’t help. So I think this one will need some Gpartd disk separately. And Lemur is the testing Fedora machine. I’m hoping that Karina and Lulu can work independently on bringing the rest of them to the same level as tamarin.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.