Only at Wellesley: If you give Madeleine Albright a Sandwich…

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright ’59 who, as I mentioned, is on campus for an Institute that bears her name — visited the  on-campus sustainable food co-op El Table yesterday (By the way El Table used to be just a table by the elevator back in the day… that’s how it got its current name: El Table=Elevator Table, but I digress…) Secretary Albright worked at El Table when she was a student in the late 1950’s. Read the full story here in the Boston Globe. The El Table staff also named a sandwich after her, called the Madeleine All-bite. Cute!

Students who work at El T sign the walls — Secretary Albright added her’s! Here is a picture her signature that is now on the wall!

Photo Cred: Karin Robinson

Yeah, this is why I love going to school here. Oh, and not to forget, Albright also gave an amazing talk yesterday on the state of the United Nations AND spoke with political science majors (I am one of them!) over breakfast this morning.  She is awesome.  Look for my post in a bit about my reflections of her talk today.

P.S. Food for thought: What ingredients would you have in a sandwich named after you?  I actually have an “un-official” sandwich with my friends at El T (I keep on trying to get my friends to name it after me, but I am not Madeleine Albright).  My sandwich would be on ciabatta bread with turkey, brie, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and pesto.  It is amazing, if I do say so myself. 🙂

One Response to Only at Wellesley: If you give Madeleine Albright a Sandwich…

• top rank says:

Thank you for some other wonderful article. The place else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the look for such info.