Check-in 2: From Foam to Acrylic

Here I have my final acrylic containers. The circle has tissue paper glued in the lid to try to diffuse the light that will come from inside. I drill pressed a whole into the back of the circle so that I can feed power and ground wires out of the container. The rainbow light strip has a laser cut face within it to hold the lights in an organized way that hides the wires from the front view. I still need to finish my wiring, coding, and a way to mount these so that they are not taped to the wall.

Here is my acrylic button box which will also hold my arduino and power source. I drill pressed and secured my button to the face of the box, there is a tight seal so that it can be used safely near sinks. I drill pressed an additional small hole out of the back of the box to allow wires to lead to my two other containers. My button lights up which added two additional outputs which a wired, soldered, and heat shrunk safely with tubing.

2 Comments
  1. Wow! I love the final product! I think you have created a unique device to solve an important problem. I would love to see this implemented in some schools.