Frother

Ikea frother:

price: $2.79

screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-8-12-30-pm

I found that the ikea frother worked fairly well. It definitely foamed the milk and it did it in a short period of time. It was small and light. I found this to be a good thing but I could see how people would prefer a frother with more heft and more size. It only had one switch on it which made it easy to use and the switch was in a good location on the frother. On the other hand the battery chamber was not very obvious and could be difficult to open. It was not the most reliable frother, though. The vibration was not always consistent and it could be excessive and loud. This brother was cheap and, for the price, it would be worth it.

Bonjour frother:

price: $19.99

screen-shot-2016-09-21-at-8-13-14-pm

Although this frother was more expensive it worked better. It made more stable milk foam and frothed the milk faster. It also had a very consistent motion and the wand span instead of vibrating. Although I don’t know if the extra connections were necessary this frother used both screw and solder leading me to believe that it would be more stable in the long run. Also the fact that the body could  be taken apart with out breaking it means it would be easier to fix. The frother had a nice shape to it and a good weight. The button was very large but it blended in with the body and had to be marked with a power sign. The buttons for separating the two parts of the body were confusing and it was not immediately clear what they were used for. If I was in the market for a frother I would probably buy the ikea one because of the price but the high end one did work better.

Our frother:

Although our frother did froth the milk the froth that formed was not incredibly stable foam. If I could improve it I would make it small so that it fit it the cup easier and could get more motion in the milk. As far as the quality of the foam goes I don’t think it’s possible to get better foam without using a motor.