Group Gallery Walk Takeaways

Aliza & Krista

20161007_103943 20161007_104012

From the gallery walk Krista and I learned about which features our classmates found pertinent in the grip aid.

The first feature that was brought up consistently is the ability to remove the glove if the the boat was to capsize. Krista and I took this into account and are going to experiment with thinner and lighter materials to see if a different material can maintain an easy escape from the grip aid in the incident of a capsize.

Wrist mobility was also questioned, which we will also try eliminate/diminish with different materials or designs. We are hoping to contact a rower that could benefit from the grip aid and get her feedback on whether wrist mobility is something she needs or if this is something she would be willing to trade-off for other features.

Lastly there were questions as to why the rubber oar grip was not altered, but both Krista and I were told that this had a very positive feedback last year. Therefore we decided that the oar grip did not need to be altered and we should focus more on how the oar grip attached to the hand.