Meet Denisse

Welcome Wellesley Class of 2015!

I’m Denisse.  I’m a junior from Los Angeles, CA.  I’m a Comparative Literature and German double major.  This is the first summer I’ve spent away from home and the first summer I’ve actually had a job! So far, working as the SOC has been great.  It’s strange being on campus and not having to go to class or do any homework.  Without academics, I’m left with a lot of free time in my evenings so I decided to take up a new hobby.  But I’m struggling trying to find the right hobby.  I’ve considered yoga, photography, cooking, painting my nails, braiding my hair, reading blogs, and so many other things, but so far, movie watching on Netflix is winning.  I’ll gladly accept suggestions.

Aside from that list, I also tried to learn some Portuguese on my own.  One of my good friends at Wellesley is half Brazilian and she introduced me to Portuguese.  Thanks to her, I can say:

meo avo e feo –  my grandpa is ugly (*note: I don’t think my grandfather is ugly.  We both thought it would be funny to say this.)

….And that’s about all I know.  Yeah, she’s a great teacher.  That’s why I decided to take it upon myself to learn using online guides.

Although I’m far from home, I rarely suffer from homesickness.  When I first arrived, I had many concerns about living in the East Coast, making new friends, and adjusting to college-level academics.  But Orientation made me love Wellesley.  I’m especially grateful for the friends I made that first week! That’s why I wanted to be part of Orientation this year.

With my former roommate and dear friend Julia!

I hope all of you are having a great summer.  And for those of you who recently graduated, congratulations!  I can’t wait to meet you.

-Denisse
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Meet Denisse

1. Alex Coleman says:

Thanks For Sharing This!